When using nanoStream Cloud and H5Live Player for Ultra-Low-Latency Live Streaming, you may want to connect your own Live Encoder / Broadcaster software. This is a very easy-to-use workflow.
OBS, or Open Broadcaster Software, is a free open-source live encoder software for Windows, MacOS and Linux platforms.
How to setup the live stream broadcast to nanoStream Cloud with OBS
- Open Settings, Stream
- Select Custom Streaming Server
- Copy the bintu RTMP Ingest URL to the URL field and the RTMP Stream Name to the Stream Key field
- Click on Output
- Select Output Mode: Advanced
- Select Encoder: x264
- Select Rate Control: CBR
- Select Bitrate: 800 or any other bitrate, dependent on your upstream bandwidth
- Select Keyframe Interval: 2
- Select Profile: Baseline (Main and High would also work)
- Select Tune: Zerolatency
- Select X264 Options and enter “b-pyramid=0”