nanoAVC/H.264 Video Codec
A useable application scenario may be:
- Playback of compressed video files (Decoding)
- Compress Video File to AVC/H.264 formats (Encoding)
- Realtime encoding to H.264
Licensing modelTo use the module and distribute applications you need to obtain the following
With the Developer License, you will get a documented module including shared library objects (DLLs), interface specifications, header files and source code samples to develop video coding applications.
For redistributing video coding modules with your application, a per-item additional royalty license is needed. You may also get flat fees for high sales volumes. Please contact us for further information.
For developers we offer professional support for systems integration.
As specialists for Digital Media and Information Technologies we also offer our own development solutions and consulting in all areas of digital audio/video processing.
Please ask for our assistance if you have any problems.
For further information see
or use our contact form.
nanocosmos AVC/H.264 Video Codec
nanoAVC/H.264 Codec is a high performance video codec available for Windows and MacOS. It may be licensed by End Users, Digital Video Professionals, Developers and OEM customers.
nanoAVC/H.264 Codec is available in separate packages::
- ISO 14496 Part 10 (MPEG-AVC) / ITU H.264 compliance for many profiles and levels including Baseline, Main and High
- Highly optimized software coding with support for latest CPU generations
- Real-Time encoding and Multi-Core support
- Wide range of applications from Mobile Phones (3GP), Portable Devices (iPod etc) up to Professional HDTV
Architecture / Platform
- Windows: DirectShow and Quicktime
- MacOS: Quicktime
- Low Level SDK based on frame buffers (DLLs for developers)
- DirectShow based codec architecture based on most recent Microsoft DirectX technology.
- DirectShow Codec for Windows XP/Vista
- Quicktime Codec for Windows XP/Vista and MacOS-X/Intel platforms
The nanoAVC/H.264 Video Codec is available separately as video and audio encoder, decoder and multiplexer for Windows and MacOS-X Intel platforms. For Windows, ready-to-use codecs are available as DirectShow filters.
All codecs support the latest CPU technology by Intel and AMD (SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 and DualCore/CoreDuo, AMD Athlon64).
Realtime Encoding from Capture cards is supported.
Ask for special configurations like VCM, Video for Windows and others