nanoAVC/H.264 Video Codec
A useable application scenario may be:
- Playback of compressed video files (Decoding)
- Compress Video File to AVC/H.264 formats (Encoding)
- Realtime encoding to H.264
Licensing modelTo use the module and distribute applications you need to obtain the following
With the Developer License, you will get a documented module including shared library objects (DLLs), interface specifications, header files and source code samples to develop video coding applications.
For redistributing video coding modules with your application, a per-item additional royalty license is needed. You may also get flat fees for high sales volumes. Please contact us for further information.
For developers we offer professional support for systems integration.
As specialists for Digital Media and Information Technologies we also offer our own development solutions and consultin in all areas of digital audio/video processing.
Please ask for our assistance if you have any problems.
For further information see
or use our contact form.
nanocosmos AVC/H.264 Video Codec (Decoder)
nanoAVC/H.264 Codec is a high performance video decoder (codec) available for Windows and MacOS. It may be licensed by End Users, Digital Video Professionals, Developers and OEM customers. AVC/H.264 enables to to playback latest generation video files and streams with Windows Media player and other DirectShow compatible player applications, as well as with Apple Quicktime Player. AVC/H.264 is used in AVCHD, Blu-Ray (BD), DigitalVideo and other TV and HDTV applications.
nanocosmos AVC/H.264 Decoder contains following components:
- AVC/H.264 Video Decoder for WindowsMedia / DirectShow
- AVC/H.264 Video Decoder for Apple Quicktime
- AVC/H.264 Splitter/Demultiplexer for MP4, MOV and 3GP
- AAC Audio Decoder
- ISO 14496 Part 10 (MPEG-AVC) / ITU H.264 compliance for many profiles and levels including Baseline, Main and High 4:2:2
- Highly optimized software coding with support for latest CPU generations
- Real-Time decoding and Multi-Core support
- Wide range of applications from Mobile Phones (3GP), Portable Devices (iPod etc) up to Professional HDTV and more
Architecture / Platform
- Windows: DirectShow and Quicktime
- MacOS: Quicktime
- DirectShow based codec architecture based on most recent Microsoft DirectX technology.
- DirectShow Codec for Windows XP/Vista
- Quicktime Codec for Windows XP/Vista and MacOS-X/Intel platforms
All codecs support the latest CPU technology by Intel and AMD (SSE2/SSE3/SSE4 and DualCore/CoreDuo, AMD Athlon64).
Realtime Encoding from Capture cards is supported.
Ask for special configurations like VCM, Video for Windows and others