nanocosmos is hiring software developers!
Are you interested in working for a company that offers a cutting edge live streaming solution for global business customers? At nanocosmos our mission is to bridge the gap between presenters and audiences worldwide with our ultra-low-latency live streaming platform nanoStream Cloud, enabling real interaction and creating high quality video experiences. We are a creative team in Berlin, offering a unique live streaming platform with clients all over the world with a drive for continuous innovation and excellence.
(permanent, full-time or part-time)
You will work with our web-based video tools, nanoStream Player, nanoMeet, Jitsi and others to design and implement live video-based communication and streaming applications.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that are used every day, by people you know. The role is ideal for a passionate, dedicated, and talented Software Engineer who has experience building innovative, critical, high volume applications that are customer oriented.
Our main office is in Berlin, Germany. Remote work, full-time or part time or contract is a possibility.
- Test, development and maintenance of key system features and new innovations
- Work on HTML5 video playback and streaming in the browser
- Work with meeting applications like Zoom and Jitsi
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software with short iterations.
- 2+ years of experience (education, self-study or work).
- Writing HTML, JS and CSS cross-browser compatible code
- REST API Design and Implementation
- Agile workflows, git, ticket based team work, instant messaging
- Interest in working with interactive video-based communication software
- Good English, German is a plus, but not required
- Agile, iterative development approach: Interest to work with an international team and customers within short release cycles
Preferred skills & qualifications
- Experience developing and deploying software services
- Experience with video based applications (Players, but also low level video highly appreciated)
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Drive and strong sense of ownership, urgency.
- Interest and/or experience in video communication, interactive VR, AR, 360 live streaming, Drone video.
- Optional: Experience with video player technology, videojs, hls, dash, mp4, h264, etc.
What we offer
- Flexibility: Flexible hours, work from home and/or in our modern office located in Berlin-Tegel
- Responsibility: Agile processes, dynamic projects with challenges that provide space for creativity and demand ownership
- Opportunity: Employees have the chance to be part of a growing industry, new technology trends and make a significant difference with their contributions
- Insight: Flexible and transparent structure that provides insights regarding live video, product/services end-to-end, from the camera to the viewer, internally or regarding user interface
- Stability: Our technology is innovative yet established and based on longtime expertise. We are a profitable and reliable company.
- Perks & benefits: Free choice of the brands and technical equipment – you let us know what you can work best with. Plus: social events, superb coffee, water, refreshments and fruits.
Who we are
We’re not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people’s money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We’re profitable, organized, and, with nanoStream Cloud, we are already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners and customers.
We support diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone who is qualified to apply.
Are you up for a challenge?
If you are excellent at what you do and genuinely aim to apply your skills to solve challenges and innovate together with a great team, we would love to hear from you! Take the next step, try out our live streaming platform here and feel free to share your findings at email@example.com. Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, resume and references, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com