How to use nanoStream App for iOS
for Live Streaming from GoPro Cameras
Live Video Streaming and sharing of Live Video from GoPro to the internet is simple.
Currently, these setups are supported:
- nanoStream app on iOS 8 or later (iPhone or iPad)
(get nanoStream from the app store or in our beta program)
- GoPro Hero3 or 4 with WiFi
- Live Broadcast of Events
- Breaking News
- Inspection (Buildings, Agriculture)
The iPhone or iPad connects to the WiFi hotspot on the camera or. The same time it connect to the internet over 3G/4G to send a live stream.
To enable correct routing, you need to switch from a DHCP (dynamic IP) to a static IP on your iPhone Network Settings.
First select the WIFI network from the camera.
If anything fails:
- please check if streaming from the builtin camera works
- please verify that the internet connection with another app works fine (open safari/google.com)
- verify you have installed the latest iOS version (8.1 or later)
- check on another device (e.g. iPhone 5s or 6)
- Any questions? contact our support
After starting nanoStream, go to the options, select Camera Source, GoPro3 or 4.
How to use nanoStream
Any questions? contact our support