nanocosmos is hiring software developers!
Are you interested in working for a company that offers a cutting edge live streaming solution for global business customers? At nanocosmos our mission is to bridge the gap between presenters and audiences worldwide with our ultra-low-latency live streaming platform nanoStream Cloud, enabling real interaction and creating high quality video experiences. We are a creative team in Berlin, offering a unique live streaming platform with clients all over the world with a drive for continuous innovation and excellence.
(permanent, full-time or part-time)
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that are used every day, by people you know. The role is ideal for a passionate, dedicated, and talented Software Engineer who has experience building innovative, critical, high volume applications that are customer oriented.
The WebRTC Engineer will work with our technology team to architect, design and implement live video-based streaming applications, based on our live video streaming technology.
Our main office is in Berlin, Germany. Remote work, full-time or part time or contract is a possibility.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features.
- Will work on video communication systems (WebRTC).
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software with short iterations.
Qualifications and skills
- 2+ years “full stackweb technology (BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with modern client side JS frameworks (React etc)
- Experience with additional programming languages is a plus (incl. server side stacks like Node.JS)
- Git workflows
- NPM and other package managers
- Shell / Linux shell experience
- Testing (unit tests, integration tests) and testing frameworks
Interactive media skills
- Understanding of video/audio encoding/decoding
- Experience with live media/streaming is a plus
- Experience with WebRTC is a plus (vanilla API or frameworks like Jitsi Meet)
- Experience with interactive media is a plus
- 3D development (webGL, Unity 3D, Unreal engine)
- Good English, German is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work well in a team
- Motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Agile, iterative development approach: Interest to work with an international team and customers within short release cycles
Preferred skills & qualifications
- Experience developing and deploying software services
- Experience with video based applications (Players, but also low level video is highly appreciated)
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Drive and strong sense of ownership, urgency.
- Interest and/or experience in video communication, interactive VR, AR, 360 live streaming, Drone video
- Optional: Experience with video player technology, videojs, hls, dash, mp4, h264, etc.
What we offer
- Flexibility: Flexible hours, work from home and/or in our modern office located in Berlin-Tegel
- Responsibility: Agile processes, dynamic projects with challenges that provide space for creativity and demand ownership
- Opportunity: Employees have the chance to be part of a growing industry, new technology trends and make a significant difference with their contributions
- Insight: Flexible and transparent structure that provides insights regarding live video, product/services end-to-end, from the camera to the viewer, internally or regarding user interface
- Stability: Our technology is innovative yet established and based on longtime expertise. We are a profitable and reliable company.
- Perks & benefits: Free choice of the brands and technical equipment – you let us know what you can work best with. Plus: social events, superb coffee, water, refreshments and fruits.
Who we are
We’re not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people’s money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We’re profitable, organized, and, with nanoStream Cloud, we are already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners and customers.
We support diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone who is qualified to apply.
Are you up for a challenge?
If you are excellent at what you do and genuinely aim to apply your skills to solve challenges and innovate together with a great team, we would love to hear from you! Take the next step, try out our live streaming platform here and feel free to share your findings at email@example.com. Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, resume and references, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com