nanocosmos is hiring software developers.
Interested in Live Streaming? Work in a creative team with high skills in Berlin?
We are building nanoStream Cloud, the unique live streaming platform for interactive live streaming, with a global scale and worldwide customer base. We’re working hard, having fun, and create great products! Come and join us!
We are looking for a data and operations engineer for elasticsearch.
You will work with our nanoStream Data and Analytics team to design and implement our log and metrics backend services for our live video-based streaming applications.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- High familiarity with Elastic Stack Components – Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats
- Expertise with elasticsearch cluster setups and logging pipelines
- Expertise in log monitoring standards
- Familiarity in designing, implementing, and configuring Kibana visualizations as required by the business.
- Familiarity in Configuring Logstash, FileBeats, MetricsBeats and possibly other ELK Stack components to collect and store the data necessary to meet business requirements.
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu) system administration, including container systems (Docker)
- Familiarity with DevOps processes
- Working knowledge of programming (coding skills)
- Have a passion for automation using scripting languages
- Familiarity with open source deployment tools such as CI/CD, Ansible, Shell scripting and Jenkins
- Strong troubleshooting skills and solid understanding of system’s capacity and bottlenecks
- Responsible for the design, configuration and development and maintenance of key system features
- Will work on integrating our metrics and analytics backends with responsive web based frontend dashboards.
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software with short iterations.
- Experience with agile workflows, git, ticket based team work, instant messaging
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Agile, iterative development approach with short release cycles- interest to work with international teams and customers
- English language (German optional)
Remote work, part time, contract work is possible.
Our main office is in Berlin, Germany.
What we offer
- Work from home or in our office located in Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- Responsible self-organized work in an agile team
- The chance to have a significant impact on a growing technology company in Europe with a global outreach
- Flexible work options, free benefits like coffee, drinks, fruit, recreation
- You will have a direct impact on how people worldwide use our live streaming service
- Flexible environment with insights into technology from the inside and the outside (live video end-to-end, from the camera to the viewer)
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Why We’re Different
We’re not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people’s money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We’re profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners and customers.
If you’re excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely challenging problem together with a great bunch of people, you’ve come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!
We appreciate diversity and encourage women and minorities to apply.
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com